Vermont Tourism Toasts to Oktoberfest with Beer Lovers Getaways
Vermont Tourism toasts to Oktoberfest with new Beer Lovers Getaways; a six-pack offering of lodging packages, tasting tours and more ways to savor what The Huffington Post recently called the Best Craft Brew State.
Born from the industry’s craft beer boom, Vermont Beer Lovers Getaways offer a taste of Munich in Montpelier and a sample of Bavaria in Brattleboro – but there’s more: Vermont’s beer industry has grown from a handful of early start-ups to more than 30 today. Vermont is first in the nation in number of breweries and brew pubs per capita; where dining and bar purchased alcohol sales have seen an actual 35 percent increase in the last 10 years. In total beer sales, Vermont ranks seventh in the nation. Labels include Otter Creek, Long Trail, Magic Hat, Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist, Switchback, Lawson’s Finest, Wolaver’s and Rock Art, and several new start-ups are fermenting.
Can’t decide on just one? The Vermont Brewery Challenge Passport, provides beer lovers with a ‘passport’ to get stamped during visits to dozens of local breweries and brewpubs for prizes.
Brew Tours, Trains & Driver Services
- In Okemo Valley, The Good Bus offers customizable brewery tours for groups of 8-24 people
- In the Mad River Valley,Vermont Bed & Brew offers discount lodging and a full day of craft beer touring without the worries of driving.
- Burlington Brew Tours offers pre-selected tours or guests can craft a private tour, while Burlington-based My Daddy’s Caddy offers a stylish ride for smaller groups.
- Vermont Backroad Tours, based out of Wallingford, Vt. has trips for 10-30 beer lovers.
- Beer aboard! The Green Mountain Railroad hosts a Fall Beer & Wine Tasting Train, departing from White River Junction.
In addition to Vermont Brewers Festival, annual brewfests are across several towns and resorts: Mount Snow Resort, Okemo Resort, Killington Resort, Smugglers’ Notch Resort, Mad River Glen, Montpelier and more.
After planning your Beer Lovers Getaway at VermontVacation.com, visit the state’s agritourism website DigInVT.com for 400 Vermont farm, food and brew experiences, including the beer and cheese pairing trail.
(Photo Credit: Mount Snow Oktoberfest)