• If you are planning an extended ski vacation, try to visit the resort at least once beforehand if possible. The visit will help your child feel more comfortable.
• Allow plenty of time. Things take longer when kids are involved. If you're going to ski on the day you arrive, call ahead. Find out lesson times and if the rental shop will have plenty of gear.
• Leave time to buy lift tickets, lessons, rent skis and get to the lesson meeting spot without rushing. There may well be lines, so be patient.
• Be sure to set a meeting place at the ski school for after the lesson.
• Let the child set the schedule. Don't feel pushed to get the very most out of your ski time. It's okay to warm up with a hot chocolate and wind down a bit.
• Bring along a sibling or friend. This can ease a child's nervousness and increase the fun.
• Most important, remember to have fun.