Escape The Ordinary
A true four-season destination of international renown
Only Stowe, Vermont combines a classic 200-year-old village with the natural beauty and serenity of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak. This unique juxtaposition imbues Stowe with a character reminiscent of great European mountain resorts. A true four-season destination of international renown, Stowe offers endless opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, from summer activities to world-class skiing, and scores of unique ways to “Escape the Ordinary.” Visitors searching for great quality and value will find it in Stowe’s 60+ unique shops, 40+ restaurants, and dozens of different lodging establishments, ranging from full-service resort spas to quaint bed and breakfasts and country inns. Virtually all are locally owned, for a refreshing change.
- People and pets on the move: Stowe Recreation Path and “The Notch”
- Alpine Skiing: Stowe Mountain Resort
- Nordic Skiing: Stowe Mountain Resort, Trapp Family Lodge, public trails on Town property — more than 100km of interconnected trails
- Mountain Biking: Trapp Family Lodge, public trails (managed by Stowe Mountain Bike Club) in Cady Hill Forest, Adams Camp, Sterling Forest, Cottonbrook — more than 50 miles of beginner to advanced mountain biking trails
- Hiking: Stowe Pinnacle, Mount Mansfield, and many other popular hiking destinations
- Waterfalls and Swimming Holes: Bingham Falls, Foster’s Swimming Hole, and Moss Glen Falls
- Summer adventure: Stowe Mountain Resort zip line and treetop adventure tours
- Fall Foliage: consistently rated one of the top American destinations for autumn color
- Craft Beverages: The Alchemist, Stowe Cider, Idletyme Brewing, von Trapp Brewing, Green Mountain Distillers
- Annual Festivals: Antique Car Show, B3 Festival, British Invasion, Foliage Craft Festival, LAX Festival Oktoberfest, Old-Fashioned Fourth of July (two parades in one town!), Stowe Brewers Festival, Stowe Food and Wine Classic, Traditional Christmas in Stowe – A Top 10 VT Winter Event)
- Weekly Events: Art on Park, Farmers Markets (multiple locations), and Friday Night Flix
- The Arts (Helen Day Art Center: “Exposed” annual sculpture exhibition, Scout Film Festival, Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center, Stowe Performing Arts concerts, Stowe Tango Music Festival, multiple fine and visual arts galleries, and much more!)
Businesses with interesting stories to tell… We have so many!
- Family-owned for over 125 years: Shaw’s General Store
- Coming to town recently from California to open a second business: Tap 25
- Changing careers to do something you’re passionate about: Stefan Windler at Stowe Cider
- Embracing the community—socially—through your business: Image Outfitters / iShare
- Expanding brands in Stowe: Eric Warnstedt (Hen of the Wood / Doc Ponds), Mark Frier & Chad Fry (Reservoir Restaurant & The Bench), Laura & Michael Kloeti (Michael’s on the Hill/Idletyme Brewing Co.), Junior’s (Burlington & Stowe)
- Respecting tradition on Main Street: Cristina & Graham Mink renovated former Lackey’s building into The Country Store on Main / a multi-use retail and residential property
- The hills are alive with the von Trapp family legacy
For more information, visit GoStowe.
There’s no shortage of attractions in Stowe! Take in the following:
Stowe Recreation Path
Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum
Stowe Mountain Resort
Moss Glen Falls
Trapp Family Lodge
Free Vermont Vacation Guide
Also available online, the Vermont Vacation Guide is filled with insider info to steer your Vermont visit in the right direction.