Vermont Craft Beer
TAKE THE VERMONT BREWERY CHALLENGE
Vermont’s craft beer industry has grown from a few early start-ups to more than 50 today, and Vermont is first in the nation for breweries and brew pubs per capita. Beer Lovers Getaways are popular and local Vermont craft brews are featured on most menus throughout the state. Labels include Otter Creek, Long Trail, Harpoon, Magic Hat, Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist, Switchback, Lawson’s Finest, Wolaver’s and Rock Art, with more arriving every month.
Can’t decide on just one? The Vermont Brewery Challenge Passport, provides beer lovers with a ‘passport’ to get stamped during visits to dozens of local breweries and brewpubs for prizes.
Brew Tours, Trails & Driver Services
- In Addison County the Middlebury Tasting Trail offers a tour of some of Vermont's finest breweries.
- In the Mad River Valley, Vermont Bed & Brew offers discount lodging and a full day of craft beer touring without the worries of driving.
- Burlington Brew Tours offers pre-selected tours or guests can craft a private tour, while Burlington-based My Daddy’s Caddy offers a stylish ride for smaller groups.
- Vermont Backroad Tours, based out of Wallingford, Vt. has trips for 10-30 beer lovers.
- In Stowe, jump on Umiak's Craft Brewery Tour. Visit 7 breweries in the region on this guided brew tour. Leave the driving to your guide and enjoy a scenic brewery to brewery experience.
- 4 Points VT brewery tours, also in Stowe, offers tours on Saturday's through the winter for those looking to taste the best beer in Vermont.