A Little Bit Like a Dream. Very Much Open
WELCOME TO A PLACE WHERE EVEN THE VIEWS CAN SHIFT YOUR PERSPECTIVE
Vermont experienced several severe weather events in July, but the vast majority of stores, restaurants and attractions are open to the public statewide. A vibrant and eventful fall foliage season is just around the corner and Vermont is welcoming visitors throughout the state.
If you have plans to visit a specific attraction, recreation destination, or event, it is always a good idea to check the website or call ahead to confirm your travel plans.
- Visit the Vermont State Parks website for up-to-date information on all locations, including seasonal closing dates.
- The Lamoille Valley Rail Trail is open from Swanton to Wolcott and from Walden to St. Johnsbury. The remaining 21 miles from Wolcott to Walden are closed to the public as active construction continues. Visit Vermont Rail Trails for more information.
- A portion of the Okemo Mountain Resort access road is closed however, their summer activities can be accessed at Jackson Gore base area. Visit Ski Vermont for more information on ski resorts offering summer and fall activities.
- Vermont State Historic Sites are open for the 2023 season except for the Old Constitution House and the Justin Morrill State Historic Site (walking and hiking trails on the property are also closed). Check the Vermont State Historic Sites website for more information on specific sites, including seasonal closing dates.
As always in Vermont, conditions on hiking and mountain biking trails are actively changing as rain comes and goes. Please check online resources before you visit and use caution while on the trail:
- Trail Finder has trail status information for hiking and multi-use trails statewide.
- The Vermont Mountain Bike Association has a Trail Conditions page for mountain bike networks across the state.
- The Green Mountain Club Trail Updates page includes changes and closures for trails, shelters, and bridges that are part of the Long Trail system.
- Some trails have reopened at Quechee State Park including the Quechee Gorge Trail. The West River trail at Jamaica State Park is now open to the viewing platform at the Dumplings. Trail work is continuing, but all other trails are closed. Refer to the ‘Park Updates and Alerts’ section on each individual Vermont State Parks page for more information on trail conditions.
- The Cross Vermont Trail was impacted in many places but trail conditions for individual sections are being updated on the Cross Vermont Trail website.
- Please do not recreate on a closed trail.